For everything comes from You, and we have given You only what comes from Your own hand. -1 Chronicles 29:14b
We have a responsibility to be faithful stewards and to maintain integrity and openness in our financial practices. Therefore, we are committed to fulfilling sound, Biblical standards. Through all our activities we endeavor to present the needs to God’s people, then trust the Holy Spirit to touch the hearts of those whom He wants to participate in meeting those needs. The Lord supplies us with the resources for ministry through individual contributions. We recognize our accountability both to Him and to you, our donors. Therefore, we are committed to fulfilling the following standards:
- We subscribe to a written statement of faith clearly defining our commitment to the evangelical Christian doctrine.
- We have a commitment to openness and honesty. Our financial statements are prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and copies are available for review here. We have submitted to review by Guidestar (the leading organization for the review of nonprofits) and earned the GuideStar a Gold Level Exchange Seal (less than 1% of nonprofits have recieved this seal), demonstrating our commitment to transparency.
- We are governed by a responsible Board of Directors. Our Board meets regularly to establish policies, approve budgets, and review operational results and ministry accomplishments. More info: Organizational Bylaws
- As a legitimate organization we have a commitment to do all things lawfully and within the regulations of the US and Haitian government.
- We seek to conduct our activities with the highest standards of integrity and to avoid conflicts of interest. Our conflict of interest policy is available for review.
- All contributions designated for specific projects shall be applied to those projects, and we may use less than 10 percent for administering the gift. Our goal is to meet the needs God lays before us, so that Christ is lifted up and the Gospel advanced. We believe that it is God’s place to prompt a response to our fund-raising appeals and avoid manipulative fund-raising tactics.
- Contributions to the ministry are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Our tax ID (EIN) is: 26-2846707. We will receipt all donations showing the fair market value of any goods or services provided to the donor.
- Out of respect for individuals’ privacy, we do not sell or rent our mailing list to other groups wishing to use the names and addresses of our supporters.